Ravi Jay: cookieMaster + blindteddybear + Dj aaRJay

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who am I?

There are certain days when I sit and reflect on what I've become and who I really am. I had a very stimulating discussion with a few Danish students about the subject of Hinduism and how living in a pluralistic society like London has affected my way of thinking. Their probing questions got me thinking. A LOT. In the end, the realization came about quicker than expected.

What I know are a few things but what i know is wrong. 
I'm brown and Indian but what i am is wrong. 
I'm an intellectual but what i feel is wrong. 

Does being a Hindu define me?
Does being an Indian define me?
Does being educated define who I am?
Does my job define me?

Perhaps I should just not try to define me anymore. 

I know all perceptions are in the eye of the beholder and you may not agree with what I'm thinking. Perhaps we can agree to disagree. But would you stand by my side when you know there are so many things wrong with me? Just for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment